Translate

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Progress Report on (PLN)

Symbaloo
Professional Learning Network

For my PLN, I downloaded Symbaloo. After watching the video of the 7th grade student and seeing how organized she was because of this tool, I decided to use it also. I have a long way to go in building my PLN, but I plan to build it throughout the semester. I have added Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, Skype and Pinterest to my Professional Learning Network. I hope to follow people like Mr. Michael Fawcett, a teacher from New Zealand on Twitter and use Symbaloo as a tool to help me stay in tune with the digital world. Since a PLN is never complete, I intend on allowing it to help me with my organizational skills while attending The University of South Alabama. While looking at all the videos on creating a PLN, I agree with some of the experts, it is the teacher and administrator who needs to learn how to build a PLN, because the students have already built their community and network. I do not know if I will ever achieve the PLN of the 7th grader, but I will do the best that I can. It was encouraging to know that a PLN does not have to be perfect; I'm sure mine will not be.

No comments:

Post a Comment