Translate

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Blog Post #16: Final Reflection

I love PE
Author: Phillip Hall
After reading my first blog post, its not much that I would change in my teaching style but more of what I would emphasize while teaching. After learning so much about Project Based Learning (PBL)in EDM 310, it would be most beneficial to incorporate this technique into any general education classroom. However, as a Physical Educator I feel that it wouldn't benefit my teaching as much as a general education classroom due to the classroom setting and course material being taught. However, I would still find ways to use PBL in my classroom. The teaching style I would focus more on would have to be the third style I chose in my first blog post, which was the reciprocal style of teaching. The reciprocal style is more student-centered. This style allows students to give feedback while observing their classmates perform a skill. The feedback is rather they performed the skill properly or how they can perform it better. EDM 310 has encouraged me to want to use and enjoy the use of technology in the classroom. I've learned so many different tools and fun technology that could be used to make PE more enjoyable to students who might find PE distasteful. As an end result, I definitely will incorporate technology into my classroom. The different types of technology tools that I've learned to incorporate in a PE classroom are: Wii Fit, iPads, Flip Cameras, YouTube, Heart Rate Monitors, Pedometer (step counters), Digital Jump ropes, Exercise DVDs, and many other types of fun technology. I will not be a teacher that simply throws a ball out and tell the kids to play but rather a teacher that teaches the skill, practices the skill and observes to ensure accuracy. My students will learn from different methods and how to use the different types of technology I plan to incorporate in my lessons. They will learn from me and also learn from their classmates. My students will learn skills/activities that they probably would not learn as well in another physical education class. Physical education was my favorite subject in grade school and I plan to make every student I teach feel the same way as I did growing up. The students in my class will say that I was their favorite teacher and my class was their favorite class.

Final Reflection Video

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see that you have found ways to incorporate technology into the physical education classroom.

    PBL can be used in the physical education classroom, you just have to think outside the box in ways to implement it.

    Good job.

    ReplyDelete