Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Autism"

Autism RibbonLearning about Autism

After reading Ms. Lentine's website Wretches and Jabberers,Learning about Autism and watching the video on Tray and Larry, I learned a lot about autism in 30 minutes. After viewing the trailer, I thought that both men had the disability of retardation, not autism. I have a couple of friends and a cousin who has autism, and they look and talk, what I consider "normal". They are totally different from Tracy and Larry in appearance. When I completed the video, and looked through the website, I found that even though they look different, or "normal", Tracy and Larry may be smarter than me, my friends and my cousins. However, one of my friends are very intelligent.

What was interesting about the website, was when I visited the Larry and Tracy part of the site. I was amazed at how well both men were able to put their words and meaning together when they typed them. Also, if you look at Tracy with shades on, you cannot even tell there is anything physically different about him. However, without shades, you are able to see a difference. It is very interesting to me how two men with this disability can make such a difference in life and we "normal" people whine about a headache.

I was wondering, does autistic people have a vast range of intelligence like a “normal” person? Also, are there different levels of autism; if so, how many? Last question is autism the same as Asberger’s Syndrome? Again, thanks! I’m glad we have people out there like you making a difference and 'schooling' people like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment