Translate

Saturday, March 9, 2013

C4T #2 Summary for February

Heidi Siwak

http://www.heidisiwak.com/2013/02/feedback-and-uncomfortable-moments.html#comment-form

Feedback and Uncomfortable Moments

In this blog, Ms. Siwak was teaching her students about Feedback and Uncomfortable Moments. This lesson was similar to the lesson we learned in peer editing. In this lesson, Ms. Siwak had the students to create Linoit boards for class presentations; first time I had ever heard of a Linoit board. The Linoit boards could be designed however the students wanted. After one student begin his feedback with I didn't like, it led into an entirely different lesson. Ms. Siwak gave a question to the students asking should a person be blunt and honest or avoid being critical when giving feedback to a person's project. Since all of the projects were so different, feedback was also different. A student name Ben stated it best "People think differently and the design will reflect their approach to thinking". I totally agree with Ben. I was always afraid to make my projects look different than my classmates, even though I wanted to. In my class, we had 20 or 25 projects that were almost the same. If I had thought like Ben, my projects would have all been different and unique. I was too afraid my classmates would think of me as being weird and different, so I stayed with the norm. When giving feedback, I believe in what we learned in this class. I believe feedback should be honest to the point of not hurting. I think feedback that is too critical can cause a person not comfortable with giving presentations to hate the process even more, if they are embarrassed.





C4T #2, Comment 1

Ms. Heidi Siwaks Blog http://www.heidisiwak.com/

My comments are for Ms. Heidi Siwak's blog for February 20th, 2013. Ms. Siwaks's is a top teacher in Ontario, Canada who has wone many awards for her work in creating new learning models. Her blog for February 20th dealt with a lesson on where good ideas come from. Ms.Siwak's blog helps the reader to understand that the job of the teacher is to question. She does not believe it is the teacher's job to teach content and concept. Ms. Siwak believes this should be figured out by the students, with her guidance. The teacher used Integrative Thinking in this lesson. Students came up with many ideas as to where good ideas are generated. Again, the teacher's role in this lesson was to question, guide and give instructions. Ms. Siwak's method of teaching is definitely for the 21st Century Classroom, according to what we have learned so far in previous class lessons.


No comments:

Post a Comment