Translate

Friday, March 29, 2013

Project 10

PE Tools

Finding the Right Tool


Project 10 challenged me to find new tools and tell how I would incorporated them into my classroom when I become a teacher. I did not realize when I began my research on this project, that I would come across so many different tools that will benefit me when teaching. What I have to learn, is how to incorporate technology into physical education. I thought this would be a hard task, until I did the research for this project. I found the materials I will need, straight from the Internet. I will be teaching physical education to grades K-12. Although I would like to teach secondary physical education, I have been told by many people, that I should take any level position offered to me while trying to gain employment with a school system. I'm assuming I will also teach a co-ed. physical education class.

While researching this project, I came across some amazing resources/tools. The websites I think I will incorporate into my lessons are: Electrikids for Teachers (www.electrikids.com/teachers.html) and PE University (www.PEUniverse.com). Electrikids for Teachers provide teachers, parents and students, free fitness related activities to download and use. The website also provide other websites related to physical education. Electrikids include activities I intend on incorporating into my lesson plans. Some of the activities listed included: Traffic Cop, Body Map, Applauding Heart-rate and Bean Bag Hockey. All of these activities include helpful tips and demonstrations on how to keep our bodies healthy and fun ways to enjoy physical activities. PE University is another website found while researching this project. PE University provides PE video activities, demonstrations on how to use weight-lifting equipment properly and social media websites exclusively designed for the physical education professional. The social medial component is compared to YouTube and Facebook.

Although the tools listed above, is more than sufficient to improve my classroom objectives, I did come across another tool that I plan on incorporating in my physical education class. The tool is the Wii Gaming System. The activities on this game is directly linked to the physical education classroom. This will be a most useful tool in my class, especially on rainy days. I learned that physical education should always include teaching that will promote good health, but also include learning that is enjoyable and fun. This is turn, will hopefully help my students become life-long lovers of physical education.

I will share this information with my students and parents in their course syllabus.

No comments:

Post a Comment